Shabby

November 3, 2010

Ombre Manicure

Last night I couldn't sleep and when I can't sleep my thoughts go everywhere, 'what am I going to wear tomorrow', 'what shall I put on my nails'.. Yeah, big worries, I know. :O 

I decided to make an ombre manicure. That was a big trend like a year ago, I'm thát slow in picking up trends, hehe. I can try to describe how to do it, but showing a picture is waaay easier!
The polishes I used (from thumb to pinkie): China Glaze-For Audrey, Catrice-I Sea You!, Catrice-Sea Of Green, Diamond Cosmetics-Don't Teal My Heart Away and P2-Dangerous.

Although it isn't the most ombre-like mani, I really like the result! It's also very fun to do; looking and testing what polishes would be nice together. If you're slow in picking up trends like me and haven't tried this mani yet, you should! :i

Thanks for watching!

11 reacties:

Jamie K. said...

love the photography for this! very professional looking!

Ladyofthelaake said...

Ooooh wow, I didn't know about this kind of manicure but seeing the picture, it makes sense, and it's so beautiful!
Congratulations and thank you so much for the inspiration :)

AmyGrace said...

@Jamie K., thanks!

@Lolaa, oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one not knowing about this manicure :O Thank you!

Miranda said...

Oh, that looks awesome!!

AmyGrace said...

@Miranda, cool huh? I bet you have enough purples to make nice purple ombre nails! :)

Miranda said...

Hahaha, I think I do, but don´t have a lot of cremes though...

AmyGrace said...

Maybe you can give it a try with crazy glitter polishes than.. ;)

Miranda said...

Hahaha, that´s an idea. Glitter skittles :P
Will do something like that someday. For now I have way too much to show, since the Accessorize came in this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow morning so I can swatch them.

AmyGrace said...

Yay! for the arrived Accessorize polishes! :party
I'm really looking forward seeing your swatches! I hope the weather will be good..

Miranda said...

The weather wasn't good but I swatched them anyway :D And the colors are awesome!! Not as many dupes as I thought.

AmyGrace said...

Great! And also great that they aren't as 'dupey' as you thought :O

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! I appreciate it very much and I like reading every single one of them.

No spam please. If you want me to take a look at your blog/website you can always send me an email with your link and I will check it out. Thanks for your understanding!