Shabby

November 17, 2010

China Glaze - DV8

lamp light
I guess you guys have seen this one a gazillion times, this is DV8 from China Glaze. It's one of the polishes from the OMG collection, one of their best collections evah. I say: 'HOLO' (well, actually the correct term is prismatic, but you know wat I mean... ). I think the turquoise colour combines perfectly with the holo rainbows! The next time I will wear it on a sunny day though. 8)

Application was not so nice, but that's my fault. I already applied basecoat and that's a no-no with these kind of polishes (hello bald spots!). After two coats de result was nice and opaque though. I skipped the topcoat, because it can dull the prismatic effect and we wouldn't want that, do we? Polishes like these are great when you're in a hurry, just two thin layers on bare nails and you're ready to go. And it dries very fast! On some nail blogs I read that the OMG polishes chip easily, but my experience with the wear is good, still no chips. :D

Thank you so much for watching and following!

12 reacties:

Ulmiel said...

Great polish, one of my favourite CGs. :) And I agree, I never had problems with chipping, with any of the OMG polishes, and I've tried 4 now, I think. I get tip-wear sooner than usual, but that's because I don't use top coat with them. No chipping though.
Wonderful nails, as usual!

Renate said...

really nice color!! I love!!
how do you get holo's so beautiful in picture??

AmyGrace said...

@Ulmiel, at first I had some doubts about the OMG polishes but now I'm really glad I bought myself a couple! Also no tipwear yet, I think wrapping your tips with polishes like these can help them stay longer. And thank you! :$

@Renate, I love it too!! When I'm photographing a holo I always try to catch as much light as possible, 'cause holographic polishes love light! I always take my pictures in daylight, but on cloudy days a lamp can help capturing the holo :)

The Phalanges Friend said...

This is such a gorgeous polish and your pictures are so perfect!

Nail Junkie said...

This looks really amazing, such a cool colour!

AmyGrace said...

@ChaosButterfly, thank you!

@ Nail Junkie, yes, it's mesmerizing! And the wear is great too, more than two days of wearing and no chips :)

Silva said...

Wow, it's a gorgeous polish!

AmyGrace said...

@Silva, I agree! :D

Unknown said...

Fantastic color! Woudn't mind getting one of theese for New Year. :D

AmyGrace said...

@Gejba, it's great huh? I wouldn't mind either :P

Nataly said...

Amazing mani!

AmyGrace said...

@alluring_mum, thanks!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! I appreciate it very much and I like reading every single one of them.

No spam please. If you want me to take a look at your blog/website you can always send me an email with your link and I will check it out. Thanks for your understanding!